New York BLS Spain Visa: Spain Tourist Visa, Spain Short Term Tourist Visa, Spain Tourist Visa Application Centre, Spain Tourist Visa from New York

BLS Logo

Follow Us

Apply for Visa to Spain
In New York

Tourist Visa

Schengen short-stay visa when the purpose of the trip is tourism; visiting relatives and friends; cultural; or sports (less than 90 days educational/sports courses) within the Schengen Area.

  • Only Short Stay Visa (Schengen Visa) applications accepted - Type C, up to 90 days of stay
  • You can only apply within 3 months before of your departure date
  • It will be issued by the Embassy or Consulate of the country of your main destination (port of entry), the one where you will spend the longest period of time
  • US citizens who wish to stay in Spain for tourist or business purposes for up to 90 days do not need a visa
  • Applicants must have permanent residency status in the USA (alien resident “Green Card” or US valid visa except B1/B2)
  • This Consulate General in New York has jurisdiction over the following states: New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Pennsylvania and Delaware

The Revised visa fee and BLS service charge are as follows :

Duration Amount in USD
Tourist 68
Children between 6-12 years 40
nationals of Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Russia, Serbia, Ukraine 40

Note: Exemption of Visa Fee for a child is applicable only in the case of Short Term category, if the child's age is less than 6 years at the date of submission.

BLS International Service charge

Applicants applying at the Spanish visa application Centre shall be levied a service charge of 18.5 USD /- (inclusive tax) payable in Cash or Debit Card. Children under 6 are exempted from service charge.

The Visa Fee is subject to change without notice'
The fee is non-refundable

Documents Required By Consulate General of Spain, New York

Note: Please ensure you have checked the jurisdiction section before submitting your application at New York. You can only apply 3 months before you

1. One Schengen application form (Total of 4 pages) duly filled out and signed on the last page. (Please use form only from BLS or Consulate of Spain website)

2. Passport valid for a minimum of three months after the expected visa stay and with at least two blank pages available. Passport must not be older than 10 years.

3. One passport size photograph in color, 2 x 2 inches (51 x 51 mm) in size, printed on matte or glossy photo quality paper, taken within the last 6 months to reflect your current appearanceand in front of a plain white or off-white background.

4. Residence Proof: Alien Residence Card (Green Card) or residence visa valid in the US (B1/B2 tourist visa holders cannot apply). Visa must be valid for re-entry into the United States of Americaif coming back to the US.

5. Proof of Travel:

  • Confirmed reservation of your airline ticket (round-tripincludingall destinationsin the Schengen areaif travelling to more than one country). Just a flight reservation is requiredwith a booking ID. It is highly recommended not to buy the tickets until you get your visa.
  • If you plan to travel by car, you will need to provide copy of driving license (if someone else is driving –a letter from them and copy of their passport), car insurance and V5 document (Car registration documentation) or car rental documentation.
  • You will also be required to provide full documentation showing means of crossing the country borders by air or land e.g. flights, bus, ferry tickets or Eurotunnel tickets.

6. Proof of stay (dates must be same as flight/travel dates):

  • A detailed hotel reservation for the duration of stay OR
  • The ORIGINAL invitation letter from a family member or friend issued by the "Policía Nacional" in Spain. AND Notarized letter from inviting person taking responsibility that applicant will return to the United States
  • If you are part of a tour or a cruise, include a letter from your travel agent stating a complete itinerary of cities and hotels. [Screenshots not accepted]

7. Proof of financial status:

  • Three months bank statements of personal/savings account AND latest credit card statement, ending balance must be in USD or Euros only [If in other currency or language, a bank letter stating average balance for 3 monthsis required]
  • *If current statement is older than one week submit a bank letter reflecting current balance. [no exceptions for 3 months personal bank statements]
  • Should have an average balance of a minimum of $100 per day in the last 3 months
  • Marriage certificate required for married couples who do not have a joint account and either is sponsoring the travel (Must be in English or Spanish only)
  • In case of Financial Support from immediate family, kindly provide documents proving relationship for eg. Birth certificate or any relevant document (English/Spanish only), passport copy of sponsor & letter assuming full financial responsibility

8. Travel medical insurance document for Spain with a minimum coverage of €30,000 Euros or its equivalent in USD, must include "Repatriation coverage". Must specify travel duration with start & end date.Must be Zero deductibles[An insurance card will not be accepted as proof of coverage]

9. Proof of employment:

  • If you work: letter from employer stating your job title, length of time employed and annual salary AND/OR last 3 months pay stubs
  • If you do not work and are economically dependent (only family members), a notarized letter from the person you economically depend on assuming full financial responsibility of your travel and stay, plus copy of the valid passport and three last bank statements of that person [Submit Document proving relationship in English/Spanish]
  • If you are self-employed, a “Good Standing Certificate” issued by the Secretary of State OR the license of your business or company/proof of paid taxes

*For professional or business trips you must submit an invitation from a company or organization based in Spain to participate in a meeting, convention, fair or congress, etc.

10. If the applicant is a minor/under 18 years:

  • A notarized authorization letter to apply for a visa from either parent/custodians who is not accompanying the minor.
  • Application form signed by both the parents.
  • Family Court Order if only one parent has full custody [notarized copy in English/Spanish]
  • Passport copy of the parent(s) with their signature, attested before the notary public.
  • Birth Certificate (must be translated in English/Spanish if in other language)
  • If you are student, a letter from your school or college /F1 and a copy of Student ID.

*If a minor is travelling alone:

  • Letter from the tutor/person living in Spain assuming full responsibility to take care of the applicant and accepts that his/her sexual criminal background check may be conducted.
  • Letter must be notarized by a Spanish notary in Spain
  • Copy of their passport
  • A Notarized letter from both parents granting permission to the minor travelling alone and acknowledging the above person will care for the minor child during their travel in Spain

*Additional documents may apply
* All documents must be in English or Spanish only
* All currency must be in USD or Euros only – Certified translation if in other language
* Payments by cash or debit card only –Certified translation if in other language
* Screenshots will not be accepted for any documents

Note: We regret we cannot accept photographs that do not meet these requirements

Please provide one recent photograph (not more than 6 months old) of yourself, which should not have been used previously in the passport. The photograph should be in colour and:

  • Taken against a white background so that features are distinguishable and contrast against the background.
  • Clear share quality and with the face in focus.
  • Printed on normal photographic paper (camera print).
  • Full face, non-smiling [without sunglasses, a hat/cap or other head covering, unless the applicant wears such items because of their religious belief or ethnic background]
  • Please stick the Photograph on the Visa Application Form.

Note: Please follow these instructions carefully. If photographs presented do not meet these requirements your application will be considered incomplete. A photo booth meeting these requirements is available at the centre..

Applications accepted at the Spain Visa Application Centre will be submitted on the next working day at the Consulate General of Spain. Once the application has been submitted, the applicant can be further requested additional documentation in support of the same. Please note as per the instructions received from Consulate General of Spain minimum processing time is 15 working days (It may delay depending on case to case).

All applications must be submitted at least 15 days prior to the proposed date of travel to accommodate any unforeseen processing delays.

Below mentioned forms/checklist are mandatory for all visa categories accepted by BLS

Note: All application form/checklist has to be filled by Blue pen

Application Form

Visa Application Form (English Language)
Schengen Visa Application Form (Spanish Language)
All Application submitted at visa application centre should have English/Spanish Application forms only.


Note: The checklist must be submitted on back to back format only (without back to back copies being stapled to each other).

Parental Authorization for Minors

Parental Authorization Letter for Minors

Sponsor Letter

Sponsor Letter

Visa Collection Acknowledgement Notice

Visa Collection Acknowledgement Notice

Documents Required

Documents Required

Please Note:
The forms are in PDF format.
You will need an Adobe Acrobat Reader to view and download this form.

Download Adobe Acrobat Reader

To download the Application Form:

1. Click on the form link
2. When the form opens, save the form on your computer.


1. Press the right button on your mouse on the required link.
2. Select Save Target As from the list
3. Save the form on your computer.