This category of visa caters for people wishing to stay in Spain for a period maximum 3 months and may be applied if the person does not have a guarantor in Spain and buys a tour in a travel agency, or make a booking of tickets and hotel.
Applicant will have to provide evidence that he/she falls under this category
Please note all of the required documentation listed below is mandatory for all applicants, including such cases where flights, accommodation, insurance and other items may be arranged by applicant’s employer, travel companies or any other companies or individuals. If applying as a family, all family members must provide their own individual documents.
Please provide 1 set of all documents per person (Included kids): Only copy.
The Spanish Consulate could request additional documents.
- Online Application Form. Please ensure it is fully completed, signed in both required fields, and bring with you when attending for your appointment Please note that forms submitted from any other source will not be accepted.
- Passport/travel document. Please provide the original and a copy of the page with your personal data and photo. Your passport will not be accepted if it has been issued more than 10 years ago as of the date of return from your scheduled trip. The same applies to passports issued more than 10 years ago that have since been extended. Your passport must also be valid for at least another 90 days beyond your return date from Schengen area, and must have at least 2 blank adjacent visa pages in it.
Irish certificate of registration (GNIB card) valid for at least three months after the date of expiry day.
- Proof of current address in Ireland
(ESB bill, telephone bill, gas bill, bank statement, rent book, lease agreement etc.)
- Proof of current occupation in Ireland
- If you are employed: Your work permit, letter for employer and most recent pay slip. If you do not require a work permit: a letter from your employer or copy of work contract and your last pay slip P60 if applicable.
- If you are self-employed: your company's registration certificate and a recent business print out available from the Companies Registration Office (CRO).
- If you are a student: recent letter from your university / college / school confirming your attendance/status, number of hours of tuition per week and duration of the course. Proof of part-time employment if applicable or information on sponsorship, bank statement for the last 3 months Sponsor, ID for Sponsor, and Sponsor Letter.
- If you are retired: your pension booklet
- lf you are a dependent: proof of your spouse's occupation and passport as well as your marriage certificate, if applicable.
- Kids: Letter for School or GP letter, and all the documents for the parents.
- Bank Statement
To support yourself during your journey the last 3 months of your bank statement whit minimum 600.00 euros in your balance, if you will pay for your family your bank statement must be 600.00 for each. Example one family whit 3 person your balance need be 1.800.00 euros.
- Full Travel Insurance (certificate and policy)
The Embassy only accepts an individual or group travel insurance covering the costs for emergency treatment by a doctor or in a hospital and repatriation to your country of residence. The insurance must be valid in all Schengen states for the duration of your stay and must have a minimum cover of 30,000 Euro per person. Applicants should take medical insurance in Ireland.
- Accommodation proof
You must show hotel bookings for every single night you spend in the Schengen area, and they must correspond with your travel tickets. If your name is not mentioned on the accommodation reservation, then a joint travel confirmation letter signed and dated by the person whose name is on the reservation must also be provided. In addition, a photocopy of that person’s passport/ID card + passport must also be provided. If the signature is on a different page other than the main page with photo, a copy of this page should also be provided…
- If invited to stay in Spain with a family member or friend, you must provide an original and copy of the Official Invitation letter issued by Police of Spain with a copy of host’s Passport. (Original will be returned to you after visa decision has been made). Please note only an official invitation issued by Police of Spain will be accepted. A letter written by the host will not be accepted
- Flight tickets.
Note: We regret we cannot accept photographs that do not meet these requirements
Please provide one recent photograph (not more than 6 months old) of yourself, which should not have been used previously in the passport. The photograph should be in colour and:
- Taken against a white so that features are distinguishable and contrast against the background.
- Clear share quality and with the face in focus.
- Printed on normal photographic paper (camera print).
- Full face, non-smiling [without sunglasses, a hat/cap or other head covering, unless the applicant wears such items because of their religious belief or ethnic background]
- Please stick the Photograph on the Visa Application Form.
Note: Please follow these instructions carefully. If photographs presented do not meet these requirements your application will be considered incomplete. A photo booth meeting these requirements is available at the centre..
Applications accepted at the Spain Visa Application Centre will be submitted on the next working day at The Embassy of Spain in Dublin. Once the application has been submitted, the applicant can be further requested additional documentation in support of the same. Please note that the minimum processing time is between 3 and 4 weeks.
Please click here to see which nationalities take longer.
Processing time will start excluding the date of submission of application at BLS International Services.
Applicants can apply for Visa between 6 months and up to 15 days before the planned travel.
Any application submitted with less than 15 days before the travel will not be accepted by the consulate
Visa Application Form (English Language)
Visa Application Form (Spanish Language)
The forms are in PDF format.
You will need an Adobe Acrobat Reader to view and download this form.
Download Adobe Acrobat Reader
To download the Application Form:
1. Click on the form link
2. When the form opens, save the form on your computer.
1. Press the right button on your mouse on the required link.
2. Select Save Target As from the list
3. Save the form on your computer.