Children ( temporary stay programs)
TEMPORARY VISITOR FOR MINOR CHILDREN (DECREE NO 557/2011-RULES FOR FOREIGNERS) Point 187.
Temporary Visit for Minor Children Pasal 187.
- Temporary visit for minors to Spain which lasts less than 90 days and related to humanity program, which is funded by a Government Institute, non-profit organization, foundation, or non-custodial and guardianship agencies for a temporary visit for medication or vacation will need a permit letter from the parties who has custodial/guardianship rights over the said minor children and a positive report from both governments or from the governmental party where the minor child is intending to visit.
- The requirements and the request above for visa is considered fulfilled when the requirements and requests are met. The reports will then refer to the program, requirements and permits that are required in Spain for the length of the stay, the well-being and the legal protection for the minor child. So the minor child will then be protected from all risks during his stay in Spain. A written intention of his return to his home country is also needed assuring that the minor’s purpose in Spain is not to be adopted as per point no. 4 and the cost of his return will not be funded from Spain government, except when the return fee is already paid by an authorized agency. The Counsellor’s office from the minor child’s home country has to verify the permit given by the custodial/guardian party of the minor and all the required documents belonging to the minor child, which includes individual/collective passports, or other and all travelling documents.
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Ministry of Manpower and Immigrations, and the Ministry of Home Affairs are to coordinate the minor child’s length of stay and the Ministry of Home Affairs will control the minor child’s return to his/her home country.
- In all cases, if minor children are living with a family or an individual, the family or the individual party must write a statement which explained that the minor child’s visit is not for adoption purposes and they will support the minor child’s return to his/her home country.
188. Temporary Visit for Minor Children for Educational Purposes
- Temporary Visit for Minor Children for Educational Purposes Temporary Visit for Minor Children for Educational Purposes
- Temporary Visit for Minor Children for Educational Purposes and related to program funded by a Government Institute, non-profit organization, foundation, or non-custodial and non-guardianship agencies must follow the above procedures and submit a letter of proof that the said minor child has been accepted at an recognized educational institute in Spain.
- The length of stay of the minor child will end when the educational term is over, and at that time the minor child is to return to the home country except if there are special cases. If the minor child intended to pursue a longer education then he/she has to enroll in a new program.
OTHER NOTES AND REQUIREMENTS
If the length of stay is less than 90 days, please read the requirements for Schengen Visa. If the length of Stay is more than 90 days, please read requirements for a study visa (national visa). The Embassy has the right to request more documents if they consider it necessary. The time limit for submission of additional documents is 10 days. For more information please visit www.exteriores.gob.es